Cookie management policy on the website of OTP banka AD Novi Sad
When visiting the website of OTP banka AD Novi Sad (“the Bank”), www.otpbanka.rs, no personal data that would enable your personal identification is collected. If we require your personal data in order to provide you with a particular service, we will notify you about it.
- What are cookies?
Cookies are small text databases (files) that are usually downloaded to your computer, tablet or mobile device (hereinafter: “device”) from the websites you visit. Cookies are used to run all the functions of a website, gain a better user experience, and enable analytics of site visits and advanced online advertising.
- Types of cookies
To better understanding cookies and how to control them, below you can learn which types of cookies exist, as well as how they are used on websites:
- First-party cookies – Cookies installed on your device by the organization whose website you are visiting are known as “first-party” cookies.
- Third-party cookies –Cookies that have been installed on your device by an organization other than the website you are visiting are known as “third-party” cookies.
- Persistent cookies – Persistent cookies remain stored on your device even after you close your browser. With the help of these cookies, websites store information to make it easier for you to use them. For example, websites that require a username and password will remember your entry that will appear on the occasion of each new visit.
- Session cookies – Session cookies are removed from your device at the time of closing the Internet browser through which you have visited a particular website. With these cookies, the web pages store temporary information that is used for their proper functioning.
- Which cookies does the Bank’s website use?
Cookies used on the Bank’s website are divided into four categories:
- Essential cookies or strictly necessary cookies are cookies that are used to make the website run and they cannot be disabled. You can set your browser to notify you of usage of cookies or to block these cookies, but in this case some parts of the website will not work.
- Functional cookies enable enhanced functionality and personalization of content such as videos. They may be placed by us or by an online service we use on our website. Some or all functionality of the website will not work properly unless you enable these cookies.
- Statistical cookies allow us to track the number of visits so that we can measure and improve the performance of our website. Thanks to these cookies, we can determine which pages are popular or less popular. Also, owing to them, we can see how visitors navigate the web pages, or how they use them. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymized. If you do not allow these cookies, we will have no information when you visit our website.
- Advertising cookies are placed on our website by our advertising partners. They can be used to develop a profile of your interests in order to display the ads that are relevant to you. These cookies uniquely identify your internet browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies you will not have targeted advertising on different websites.
Statistical and advertising cookies are so-called third-party cookies and for this purpose we use the special online services such as Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook Pixel, Yandex and Gemius.
- Information about cookies
Below we present an overview of the necessary information relating to cookies used on the Bank’s website (their source, the purpose for which they are used and how long they are stored):
- Essential cookies
- otpsbanka.rs – they allow the website to function properly and are stored until the browser closes
- Functional cookies
- otpbanka.rs – contain the settings that the user selects when choosing the offered cookie management options and they are stored until the next change of settings by the user
- Statistical cookies
- Google Analytics – an overview of website traffic statistics, stored for 24 months from the last visit to the website
- Yandex – an overview of website traffic statistics, stored for 120 months from the last visit to the website
- Gemius – an overview of website traffic statistics, stored for 60 months from the last visit to the website
- Advertising cookies
- Google AdWords — displaying relevant ads, remarketing and advertising analytics, stored for 24 months
- Facebook – content sharing on Facebook profile and stored for 19 months
- Facebook Pixel – displaying relevant ads, remarketing and advertising analytics, stored for 19 months
- Twitter Pixel – displaying relevant ads, remarketing and advertising analytics, stored for 12 months
- Adform – displaying relevant ads, remarketing and advertising analytics, stored for 7 months
- Enabling and disabling cookies
The purpose of cookies is to improve and facilitate the use of our websites and their processes, so you should keep in mind that by disabling or clearing cookies you may also disable the functioning of all parts of the website or cause them to function or be displayed differently in a web browser.
If you disable advertising cookies, the content of our ads may be less relevant to you, or the same ad may be shown more times than you would like.
Internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. The settings are most commonly found in the “Options” or “Preferences” menu. The following links may be helpful if the user wants to better understand these settings:
- Managing cookies in Chrome
- Managing cookies in Safari
- Managing cookies in Firefox
- Managing cookies in Internet Explorer
- Additional information about the cookies
Social networks can also place cookies on your computer. This happens on websites that allow you to log in and register through your social network accounts, or if you share the content of a website on social networks. The specific impact on your privacy will vary depending on the social network you use, and privacy settings selected for those networks. You can find out how to manage these cookies on those social networks’ websites.
The following links provide more information about cookies and privacy policies: